Friday, August 5, 2011




It's summer and I can't stop thinking of snowy wastelands, sparkling under the veils of the aurora borealis. Not that the summer months up til now could be called sweltering by any stretch of the word, let's face it, I live in Sweden, but nevertheless... Introducing the frozen wastes of Aurorea.

If there was anything I wanted to achieve with this world, and there might be yet more glimpses to come, it was to get rid of the stigma normally associated with polar regions, namely that they are nothing but icy deserts - nothing going on but endless stretches of ice and snow. After researching a bit I came across some amazing microscopical photos of ice crystals and snowflakes. Perfect. And so I started to experiment with scale and scope to reinvigorate this frozen desert with giant shale-like glaciers of hexagonal crystalline formations, ice flora like frostblossoms and some oriental mystical twists as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment